Topic: Paper – Light – Shadow
Paper Residency ! Is aimed at visual artists who either already have experience with sculptural paper work, or who have an idea or a concept for sculptural experimental paper art.
The aim of Paper Residency ! is to inspire visual artists to work freely and be experimental with paper.
The artists are offered a studio atelier (in Berlin with digital interface of high-end technology in the form of 3 Canon IPF-Large Format printers and the finest hardware; in Munich an oversized guest studio of whiteBox.art in the centre of a big cultural and creative hub), and of course Hahnemühle Paper. All scholarship holders in Berlin and Munich are free to experiment with the papers during the process of sculptural paperwork. They can print on them, tear or cut them, braid, burn or even eat them – anything is possible.
Many creative brains should be inspired and be able to draw on the full potential of paper.
The Paper Residency ! offers:
- 2 weeks inspiration in Berlin or 3 weeks in Munich
- 100 sqm studio atelier with balcony and garden and Canon IPF-printers in Berlin
- 167 sqm oversized guest atelier of whiteBOX.art and more than 4m of clear height
- expert support in fine art printing, plus technical assistance
- Paper, paper, paper (up to 70 sqm of Hahnemühle FineArt papers, including other papers from our portfolio)
- Accommodation near the studio atelier
- Carolin Leistenschneider https://cfa-berlin.de
- Christiane Feser https://christianefeser.de
- Franziska von Hasselbach http://spruethmagers.com/home
- Marie-Catherine Vogt https://www.blainsouthern.com
- Niels Borch Jensen http://nielsborchjensen.com
- Robert Morat https://www.robertmorat.de
- Annette Berr https://www.dmage.net/dmage/ (host,without voting rights)
An additional jury member is requested.
in Berlin, for 2 weeks in the studio atelier d’mage
- 06.07.2020 – 19.07.2020
- 27.07.2020 – 09.08.2020
- 17.08.2020 – 30.08.2020
in Munich for 3 weeks in the guest atelier of whiteBOX.art
- 25.07.2020 – 16.08.2020
Following the Munich residency, there will be – in consultation with the artist – an exhibition
or an open studio afternoon.
TWOFOLD submission – once in analogue plus once in digital form
If the return is desired, please make sure to enclose a stamped envelope.
- a short CV – max. one Din A4 page
- a text about your previous work with paper – or what fascinates you about paper –
and what you have in mind to experiment with or realize during the 2 weeks of the
residency (200 – 400 words)
- 15 – 20 photos of current work of the last 3 years, including some detail shots. Print
format at least A5 – maximum A4 or 20 x 30.
- CV, text and 15-20 photos in PDF format, total max. 15 MB
Please make sure to mention for which Paper Residency ! you apply – either a Paper Residency ! in Berlin or for a Paper Residency ! in Munich.
Paperresidency c/o Ul Vohrer
10179 Berlin – GERMANY
The decision of the residency award is made exclusively by the jury. The lodging of appeals is not allowed.
Apply NOW for this year’s residencies 2020!