The summer residencies are aimed at fine artists who either already have experience with the sculptural paper work or who have an idea or a concept of what they want to do with paper.
The aim of the residences is to inspire visual artists to work completely free and experiment with paper.
We give the artists a studio, (in Berlin we also provide the artists digital equipment with
high-end technology in the form of 3 Canon IPF-Large Format printers and the finest
hardware; in Munich we offer the pure Studio without technic), and of course paper, paper, paper. They are completely free, whether they want to draw with the Hahnemühle FineArt papers, or print, tear or cut, braid, burn, eat, sculptural work …. – everything is open.
We want to inspire the creative brains, and let them – in terms of materials – make the most of it.
There will be a total of 4 residences for summer 2019, plus 2 additional seats.
The summer residences are supported by: d’mage, Hahnemühle, Canon-Germany.
The summer residences offer:
– 2 weeks of inspiration
– 100 m2 studio-studio with balcony and garden and LFP-printers in Berlin
– expert support in fine art print
– 167 m2 studio atelier in Munich
– Paper, paper, paper (Hahnemühle FineArt papers, including other papers from our portfolio)
– Accommodation near the Studio Atelier
Carolin Leistenschneider http://cfa-berlin.de
Christiane Feser http://christianefeser.de
Franziska von Hasselbach http://spruethmagers.com/home
Niels Borch Jensen http://nielsborchjensen.com
Annette Berr http://www.dmage.net
One more jury member is requested
Dates in Berlin, in the Studio-Atelier d’mage:
Appointment in Munich, in the whiteBOX-Gasatelier www.whitebox.art:
Following the Munich Residence, there will be – in agreement with the artist – a work show or an afternoon of the open studio.
Please apply in both digital and analog form:
– Short CV / CV – max. a usual A4 page
– A text about your previous work with paper, or what fascinated you on paper and what you
could imagine, during the 2 weeks residence to experiment, or to realize (200-300 words).
– 15 – 20 photos of recent works of the last 3 years, including some detail shots. Print format
max. A4 / 20×30.
– CV, text and 15-20 shots in PDF format, max. 15 MB
– Be sure to write down whether you are applying for the summer residences d’mage in
Berlin or for the cooperartion d’mage-whiteBOX in Munich.
Legend Collection 14
The decision of the residence award is made exclusively by the jury. The lodging of appeals is not allowed.
The first 3 residences last summer 2018 were awarded to:
Rosemarie Trockel – (accompanied by Thea Djordjadze and Ketuta Alexi-Meskhisvili)
Now it´s your turn. Apply!